Employee Spotlight on Ayman Helou
This month’s blog post marks the fifth installment of DPM’s Employee Spotlight. We wanted to shed more light on who are the amazing employees that make up DPM.
For our fifth Employee Spotlight, we interviewed Ayman Helou, who is a Senior Contracts Coordinator at DPM.
Ayman has been with DPM for several years. He has a background in Management and Public Works. This background has translated into on-site experience in overseeing the construction of large commercial projects. Ayman moved into the Electrical Engineering Industry in 2015, gaining responsibilities in project estimation, tendering, drafting and administering construction contracts. Additionally, he reviews shop drawings, certifying progress payment certificates, conducting pre- construction and post- construction meetings as well as inspections to ensure construction coordination.
We sat down with Ayman to learn a little more about him.
- When did you start working at DPM?
A: June 2015.
- What has been your favorite project to work on and why?
A: I have a love/hate relationship with my favorite project. At the moment, it is the West Whitby Spine because of the challenges we face.
- If you could pick one theme for DPM to turn into a book about the company, what would it be?
- What advice do you have for new employees at DPM?
A: Be curious and ask all the stupid questions.
- What three words would you use to describe DPM?
A: Strong, supportive and dynamic.
- What would the name of your autobiography of your life?
A: No idea, I’ll just wait for the biography instead.
- Do you have an office nickname?
A: Not that I know of.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
A: Buy a few properties.
- How do you define success?
A: Achieving goals that you set.
- What would people never guess that you do in your role?
A: Things other than contracts.
- If you weren’t working at DPM, what would you do for a career?
A: I’d probably be flipping houses.
- What was your first concert?
A: Snow and Sean Paul in 2003.
- What do you like most about your role?
A: The relationships I get to build.
- What Core 4* item resonates the most with you and why?
A: How will we succeed: We will tackle any challenging problem. We will leverage our experiences and contacts. Growth is in our DNA.
- If you could witness one historical event, what would you want to see?
A: I’d want to see Beethoven playing live.
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
A: I like to watch documentaries and cooking shows as well as finding new local craft IPA’s.
- What trends do you see happening in the industry?
A: AI, wireless power transfer, and large capacity power storage.
- If you could have dinner with one person, living or dead, who would it be and why?
A: Salvador Dali the man’s uniquely passionate
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
A: I would love to occasionally fly a Cessna (small plane).
- Since DPM doesn’t stand for anything, what would you make it an acronym for?
A: Dude, Perfect Management!
A big thank you to Ayman for taking the time for an interview. We hope this helped you get to know our Senior Contracts Coordinator a little better!