Employee Spotlight on Dana Gelbaum
For our sixth Employee Spotlight, we interviewed Dana Gelbaum, who is our Marketing Assistant at DPM.
Dana is our newest employee at DPM. She is a York University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Communications Studies. Dana has assumed various marketing roles prior to joining the DPM family. To this role she brings knowledge in content creation, marketing initiatives and proficiency with various computer programs.
We sat down with Dana to learn a little more about her.
- When did you start working at DPM?
A: March 16th, 3 weeks ago.
- If you could pick one theme for DPM to turn into a book about the company, what would it be?
A: Culture! DPM is very culturally diverse and from my short time being here I can see that everyone is like family.
- What advice do you have for new employees at DPM?
A: Don’t be shy to ask questions and be open to new opportunities.
- What three words would you use to describe DPM?
A: Supportive, Knowledgeable, Transparent.
- What would the name of your autobiography of your life?
A: Pursuit of Happiness
- Do you have an office nickname?
A: Not at the moment.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
A: Travel and donate to cancer research.
- How do you define success?
A: Achieving your goals and striving for happiness.
- If you weren’t working at DPM, what would you do for a career?
A: Something creative and in a similar field.
- What was your first concert?
- What do you like most about your role?
A: The variety of tasks I get to work on and meeting new people.
- What is the best piece of advice you have received?
A: Life is a marathon not a sprint.
- What “Core 4” item resonates the most with you and why?
A: Core Values because it is important to have guiding principles both at work and in life.
- If you could witness one historical event, what would you want to see?A: Martin Luther King “I have a dream” speech. It’s such an important and iconic moment in history.
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
A: Anything outdoors in the summertime and baking, I find it very therapeutic.
- What trends do you see happening in the industry?
A: More development in the area of green or sustainable energy.
- If you could have dinner with one person, living or dead, who would it be and why?A: Ellen Degeneres because she’s hilarious and I admire her efforts to give back to people and communities.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
A: Draw professionally. I’ve never been good at art so I think it would be really cool!
- Since DPM doesn’t stand for anything, what would you make it an acronym for?A: Dependable, Proven, Management.
A big thank you to Dana for taking the time for an interview. We hope this helped you get to know our Marketing Assistant a little better!