Employee Spotlight on Mary Celebre
This month’s blog post marks the fourth installment of DPM’s Employee Spotlight. We wanted to shed more light on who are the amazing employees that make up DPM.
For our fourth Employee Spotlight, we interviewed Mary Celebre, who is DPM’s Accounting Coordinator. Prior to working at DPM Energy, Mary began working with the TTC in Customer service. She then transitioned into various management roles for different sectors.
- When did you start working at DPM?
A: January 2015
- What has been your favorite project to work on and why?A:
A: I work in the accounting department, so I don’t work on any specific projects, but I am in charge of all the invoicing. I have really enjoyed working on the Finch West LRT projects as it has been extremely well organized and has run smoothly so far.
- If you could pick one theme for DPM to turn into a book about the company, what would it be?
A: “Breaking Barriers”, DPM has transparency with everything we do as a company and the importance of communication with the employees. Collaboration, cooperation and collective opinions help shape our company. Inclusivity has always been important because to me it means treating everyone with kindness and treating people how you would like to be treated
- What advice do you have for new employees at DPM?
A: There is a lot of opportunity to grow here at DPM. It’s really up to you to put in the time and trust in the people you work for.
- What three words would you use to describe DPM?
A: Dependable, proud, precise
- What would the name of your autobiography of your life?
A: “Life Changes” Your life can change with a drop of a pin, finding the positive and moving on.
- Do you have an office nickname?
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
A: Two things: I would take all the financial burden away from my immediate family. Secondly, I would help fund any research taking place on finding a cure for Usher Syndrome. A cause that is very dear to me. * To find out more about this cause, please visit: https://www.fightingblindness.ca/eye-diseases-pathways/usher-syndrome/
- How do you define success?
A: I define success by the level of happiness, love and peace I feel within in myself.
- If you weren’t working at DPM, what would you do for a career?
A: Something in the Arts, I would probably be living my life as a starving artist.
- What was your first concert?
A: Bay City Rollers at Nathan Phillips square in 1976
- What do you like most about your role?
A: It allows me to showcase my strengths in keeping things organized, aka “The Money”. My work flow is at a good pace which helps the day move quickly.
- What “Core 4” item resonates the most with you and why?
A: Know How, We are Family, We are dependable. I love its simplicity and straight forwardness. It is easy to follow and I also choose to live my life in the same manner.
- If you could witness one historical event, what would you want to see?
A: The life of Jesus of Nazareth. I would want to witness one of his miracles
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
A: Refurbish old furniture
- What trends do you see happening in the industry?
A: More work in the green space and larger projects like the FWLRT.
- If you could have dinner with one person, living or dead, who would it be and why?
A: Ellen DeGeneres as I think it would be a lot of fun
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
A: Always wanted to learn how to golf
- Since DPM doesn’t stand for anything, what would you make it an acronym for?
A: Design Production and Management
A big thank you to Mary for taking the time for an interview. We hope this helped you get to know our Accounting Coordinator a little better!